John McLeod, CBI
Business Broker & Consultant, Personal Real Estate Corporation
• Business Valuation & Listing Services
• 30-Minute Telephone Consultation – No Obligation – No Upfront Cost
• Certified Business Intermediary (CBI)
• Commercial Realtor®
• Business Owner
Before joining NAI Commercial, John owned and operated a number of businesses in Vancouver’s Lower Mainland area. In 1997 he joined a family business in the collateral recovery, court order enforcement and financial services sector. By 2006 John was the president and co-owner of the company, after literally working his way from the bottom up through all of its different positions. And that’s when John started thinking about and planning for his exit strategy. In 2010, John successfully sold the company and today, as part of the mergers and acquisitions department at NAI, John helps other business owners to do the same.
“My business advisor played a critical role when it came to planning, negotiating and reaching my sale goals,” says John. “I am a business advisor at NAI Commercial today, because if I were to sell my business all over again, this is where I would list it.”
By combining the strengths of an IBBA accredited business intermediary, and the marketing power of a global brand like NAI Commercial, business owners can be assured that their sale will be as successful as possible.
John specializes in selling companies located in the Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD), which generate annual revenues between $1M and $10M.
• Collateral Recovery & Collections Business – SOLD Price $1.3M
• Automotive Repair Business & Property – SOLD Price $1M
• Custom Print Packaging and Design Business – SOLD Price $650K
• Automotive Repair Business & Property – SOLD Price $1.4M
• Irrigation Service & Maintenance Company – SOLD Price $398K
• International Business Broker Association (IBBA)
• Canadian Real Estate Association – Commercial Trading Services (CREA)
• New Westminster Chamber of Commerce (NWCC)
“Obtaining a market value for my business helped me move forward with my succession and transition plans. When my friends ask me about selling or transitioning their business, I will recommend they talk to John 1st.”
– T.W., Business Owner, Automotive Sector, GVRD